1 lb boneless chicken, cut into strips
1 1/2 TBSP oil
1 1/2 cup water
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed and drained
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into small strips
1 1/2 cups original minute rice, uncooked
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in hot oil until lightly browned.
- Add water, tomato sauce and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add corn and red bell pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork.
- Sprinkle top with cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips or hot floured tortillas, if desired.