3 slices bread, cubed
1 cup evaporated skim milk, divided
1 TBSP low cal margarine
1/4 cup shallots, minced (approx 1 shallot)
1/2 lb lean ground turkey
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp black pepper, according to your taste preference
1/4 cup, plus 2 Tbsp flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a mixing bowl, toss bread cubes and 1/2 cup milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt margarine. Add shallots and cook 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add shallots, meat, egg, salt, and pepper to bread and milk mixture.
- Mix well; then shape into equal-sized balls.
- Place 1/4 cup flour on waxed paper. Roll meatballs in flour, coating evenly.
- Place meatballs in slow cooker. Add chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Mix remaining 2 Tbsp flour with remaining 1/2 cup milk (and a small amount of water if desired) until smooth. Remove meatballs to warm platter. Stir thickened milk into cooking juices until smooth. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes, or until juices are thickened.
- Stir meatballs back into sauce and heat through. Serve over noodles or rice. (I use No Yolks.)