1/2 lb Ground Beef, browned (I used ground turkey and actually used the whole pound. It was delish and extra meaty!)
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup diced celery
1 tsp basil (reduce to 1/2 tsp if desired)
1 tsp parsley (reduce to 1/2 tsp if desired)
4 TBSP margarine
3 cups chicken broth
4 cups diced potatoes
1/4 cup flour
8 oz. Velveeta cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
- In large, deep skillet, saute carrots, onions and celery in 1 TBSP marg. for 10 min.
- Add broth, potatoes, basil, parsley and beef.
- Bring to boil, then simmer covered for 10 min.
- In small saucepan, cook and stir remaining margarine and the flour for 3 min.
- Add to soup and bring to boil for 2 min. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.