Maggie's Decadent Brownies
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
4 oz (4 squares) unsweetened chocolate
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup pasteurized egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar, sifted
4 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a 2 quart bowl in the microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla and mix well with a spatula. Add the flour and stir to combine. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, make the frosting. Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl in the microwave on high for 3 minutes stirring every 20 to 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the egg substitute, vanilla, and sugar and stir with a spoon until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows; they will soften but not melt completely. Spread the frosting over the warm brownies. The frosting will set up when the brownies are completely cooled. (I actually put them in the fridge to speed up that process.) When cool, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares and store in the refrigerator in a plastic container with a snap-on lid.
S'Mores Cheesecake Squares
18 Honey Maid Honey grahams, divided
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
6 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy bar, coarsely chopped, divided
1 cup mini marshmallows
- Crush 14 of the graham crackers, measuring about 2 cups crumbs. Coarsely chop remaining 4 graham crackers; set aside.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Press onto bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1 cup sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until just blended. Stir in 1/2 of the chopped candy. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining candy, marshmallows and chopped crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.