Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My recipe lovers

I've gotten a lot of people tell me how much they've enjoyed the recipes I've posted and to keep posting them. Well, there is some good news and some bad news for those people. The good news is I will continue posting recipes but the bad news is they will all be healthy, low fat recipes. LOL

I've officially started Weight Watchers again this past week. I gained 5 lbs while my inlaws were here and decided enough is enough. You would think that with all the walking we did in NYC I would have lost but we ate way too much!!!! I need to start losing the remaining baby weight and need to start now. So Jon and I decided that we are starting this together which makes it soooo much easier b/c we have each others support. I'm also going to be starting with a trainer at the gym in a couple of weeks and I'm super excited about that. I met with him yesterday for the first time and he kicked my butt in just 15 minutes. It was hard but I persevered it and am feeling sore but great this morning!

So far I've tried a couple of the WW recipes but it wasn't anything to write about. They were just "ok". Last night we did turkey burgers that were actually pretty good and were very low in points. (if you don't know anything about WW you go on a point system instead of actually counting calories.) So here's the recipe.....

Monterrey Jack Turkey Burgers

3/4 pounds ground skinless turkey breast
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup shredded MJ cheese
4 strips turkey bacon, cooked until crisp
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1 tomato, cut into 4 slices

In a large bowl, combine the turkey, shallots, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and pepper. Blend in the cheese, then form into 4 burgers and cook. Serve the burgers in the buns with the bacon and tomato slices.

Per serving: (1 burger) 306 cal, 9 gram fat, 4 gram sat fat, 1 gram trans fat, 77 mg chol, 707 mg sodium, 26 gram carb, 2 gram fiber, 31 gram protein, 130 mg calcium.

6 points (for other WWs)

No comments:

Post a Comment