1 pie shell (I used the kind that you roll out in a pie pan. Got it in the dairy section)
6-7 apples (I used 7 and it was perfect)
2 TBSP Flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 to 1 stick butter....a little softened (I used 1 stick but prob will try 3/4 next time)
- Preheat over to 400.
- Peel apples and slice thin.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the apples with the flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. You may want to adjust the taste if you want by adding more sugar or cinnamon. I think it's delicious the way it is but thats my opinion. :-)
- Add the sour cream and mix.
- Spoon into the pie shell and press down. (it may look like a lot but it cooks down. I nearly took some apple slices out of the pie but I'm so glad I didn't!)
- Combine the topping ingredients: dry ingredients first, the blend in the butter in slices and combine with a fork to make it crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over the pie.
- Place the pie plate on a foil lined cookie sheet b/c it will bubble over.
- Bake at 400 for 15 min.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake 45 min longer. (after 45 min take a knife and check the center to see if apples are soft. It will probably need more time depending on the thickness of the apples. Just make sure the topping doesn't burn! I actually cooked it for 55 min and think it could have gone a little longer.)