8 oz angel hair pasta (I used whole wheat pasta.)
2 egg whites
4 tsp Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning
1/4 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb chicken breasts
2 TBSP olive oil
3 tomatoes, diced (or one 15 oz can)
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
3/4 tsp Italian herb seasoning
4 Tbsp red wine or chicken broth
- Prepare angel hair pasta according to its package directions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg whites. In a pie plate, combine the Mrs. Dash seasoning and Parmesan cheese. (I actually put my seasoning into a gallon sized zip lock bag, threw the chicken in after dipping in the egg whites and smooshed together to coat. Easier and less of a mess!)
- Dip chicken into egg whites then into the seasoned Parmesan, coating both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts in skillet; cover and cook for approx 6 minutes; turn and cook for 6 more minutes until no longer pink in the center. Then reduce heat to low.
- Lightly coat another large skillet with cooking spray; saute tomatoes and bell peppers over medium heat until the peppers begin to soften, approx 3 minutes. (It took me a lot longer than 3 minutes!) Stir in Italian seasoning and red wine, continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to the skillet with sauteed tomatoes and peppers; mix gently.
- Remove chicken from skillet, let cool slightly, then slice. (I cut my chicken in slices before I put in the egg whites and seasoning and cooked them in the strips.)
- Put over the pasta and Enjoy!!!!