Monday, March 1, 2010

Yummy Apps and Punch

Friday night me and 2 other friends hosted a baby shower where we served nothing but appetizers.  Here are my dips I made and as soon as I get the recipes of my friend's apps I'll post those too.  We had such yummy food here!!!

Crab Dip
1 lb lump crabmeat
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
2 tsp minced onion
2 tsp minced garlic
10 drops Tabasco

Melt cream cheese and butter in microwave. (It will be seperated.)  Fold in crabmeat.  Add onion, garlic, and Tabasco sauce.  Serve hot.  Good in slow cooker.

Seven Layer Tex-Mex Dip
1 can refried beans
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
1 cup (4 oz) Monterey Jack cheese
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2 TBSP chopped ripe olives

In a medium bowl, stir together the refried beans and salsa.  Spread the bean mixture on a 9 inche platter or pie plate.  Spread the sour cream on top of the bean layer.  Then layer the cheese, tomatoes, avocados, green onions, and olives on top.  If desired, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Baked Cheese ****SO YUMMY!!!****

2 (8 oz) cream cheese
1 small sour cream
1 cup smoked ham, chopped
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 can chopped green chilies

Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 until hot and bubbly.  Serve with Ritz chips. 
I can't remember exactly how long I stuck it in the oven.  At least 20-30 minutes I'm sure.  I just watched the top and as soon as it was bubbly I took it out.  This is amazing and so addicting!!!

Vodka Fruit Punch
12 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate
12 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 large can unfrozen pineapple juice
6 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/5 vodka
2 liter ginger ale

You can make this punch 1 of 2 ways.  I make it like #2 b/c its really slushy.

1) Mix lemonade, OJ, pineapple juice, water, and sugar and freeze well.  Defrost about 5 hours before use.  Put into a punch bowl and break it up with a fork.  Add vodka and gingerale.

2) Mix lemonade, OJ, pineapple juice, water, and sugar and place in large bowl in the freezer. (approx 24 hours before serving.)  Stir occasionally so it doesn't freeze in a block. (that's how it stays slushy.)  Before serving, place in punch bowl and add vodka and gingerale.

No comments:

Post a Comment