Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I have stumbled upon a fabulous website thanks to my fellow foodie, Brandi.  It's called Tasty Kitchen.  So many new recipes to try and I'm so excited!!!!  I was looking for a cupcake recipe so Jon can bring to Taylor's class tomorrow (it's grandparents day/special person day) and didn't want your typical cupcake.  While looking for cupcakes the words "cookie dough" just popped out at me.  Who can refuse cookie dough????  and inside a cupcake????  Let me tell you....it's as good as how it sounds.  Good thing I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow or I'd be diving into the remaining ones all weekend!

Ok....So I can't lie...I'm super impressed about this picture.  Doesn't it look pretty awesome!  I found some food photo hints and this was my first shot.  It's a little yellow but I'm still impressed. :-)

1 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
16 oz chocolate chip cookie dough (this will be enough if you double the recipe.)
16 oz chocolate icing (this will be enough if you double the recipe.)
  1. Scoop cookie dough in teaspoon sized balls and place in the freezer in a ziplock bag or airtight container.  The cookie dough has to be completely frozen.
  2. Preheat oven to 350.
  3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
  4. Beat butter until smooth and add sugar beating until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined each time.  Mix in the flour mixture, alternating with milk and vanilla, beginning and ending with flour.
  5. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared cupcake pan.  Get cookie dough balls out of the frezzer and place into the cupcake, pushing down into the center of the batter.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Transfer to cooling rack.  Once cool top with chocolate icing.
  8. Yield: 12 cupcakes (I doubled the recipe to make 24.)

No comments:

Post a Comment