Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cheese Muffins

Mandi found this cheese muffin recipe on The Pioneer Woman website.  If you've never gone to her website before you need to go.  Such wonderful recipes!!!  Anyway, Jon went volunteer in Taylor's class yesterday so I decided to make them a little treat.  She's been telling me about these muffins and about how good they are so I decided to make them.  Wow....they are so good and so cheesy!!!!  I'm just glad I had to send them to school because I could have gobbled these up easily!!!

I should have taken a better picture than this but I was in such a rush that this is what you get. :-)

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 TBSPS sugar
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter (1/2 stick)

  1. Wisk together dry ingredients then stir in cheese.
  2. In a seperate bowl, wisk egg, milk, and butter together.  Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
  3. Bake in greased muffin tin at 375 for 20-25 minutes. (it took mine 25 minutes.)
  4. Serve warm.  Makes 12 muffins.

2 comments:

  1. Totally making these tomorrow! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imake them in my mini muffin tin so when you gobble up a couple you don't feel nearly as bad!

    ReplyDelete