Monday, May 10, 2010

Mississippi Mud Cookies

I made these cookies for Santa this year and couldn't remember why I didn't post it on my blog.....until now.  Yes they are yummy but goodness they're a pain to get off the pan and a pain to figure out if they are done or not.  If anyone has a trick of what I need to be looking at to tell when they are done please tell me!!!  These cookies are the type that harden as they cool so it's really hard for me to figure this out.  They are very good b/c as a couple crumbled when I tried to place them on the wire rack I was able to taste it.  I was actually making these for another bake sale they are doing at Taylor's school tomorrow.  Good thing they aren't judging me on presentation!!!!  The recipe does call for you to put the dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet so I'll be sure to do that next time. 


1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 cup plus 2 tbsp miniature marshmallows
  1. Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a small microwave safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
  2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.  Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
  3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended.  Stir in chopped pecans and 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels.
  4. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.  Press 3 marshmallows into each portion of dough.
  5. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.  Remove to wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment