Sunday, May 23, 2010

Brown Sugar & Oats Muffins

Here's another fabulous recipe that I got from From My Kitchen to Yours!.  I made these for breakfast this morning and Jon and I just can't stay out of them.  Next time I think I'm going to add cut up apples and nuts in them.  So yummy!

(Just ignore the only purple muffin cup.  It was the last colored one left and I don't like to waste. :-))

1 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Line a dozen muffin tin with paper liners.
  3. In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients.  In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla together.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until moistened. (Don't over mix your mixture .  It'll make it more dense if you do and you won't get the nice air pockets muffins have.)
  4. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake for 15-17 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment