Here are a few recipes that are old favorites of mine and a new one that is now on the top of my list. Lets start with the new one....Artichoke bread. Oh my word it is unbelievable!!!! Jon put some sausages on the pit and I cut up this bread to have as apps. I couldn't keep my hand out of the platter. I can't wait to make it again! Thanks Mandi for, yet again, another great recipe!!!!
1/4 cup butter
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
4 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 french bread
salt & pepper to taste or Tony's
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and add garlic, cook about 30 seconds. Add artichoke, Monterey Jack cheese, parmesan cheese, and sour cream. Stir to blend, remove from heat and cool.
- Slice bread lengthwise and scoop out some of the center. Crumble the pieces of bread and add to the mixture. Spoon the artichoke mixture on the bread and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Place each half on the baking sheet and cover lightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes then remove foil and bake for another 5-8 minutes until the cheese melts completely. Cut into slices and serve warm.
2 (20 oz) cans chunk pineapple, drained (I may use 3 cans next time.)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 cup medium shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick margarine
Place pineapple in baking dish. Mix flour and sugar and spread over pineapple. Spread cheese over pineapple. Melt margarine and mix with Ritz crackers. Spread over top. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Berry Low Fat Trifle
1 pkg (9 oz) angel food cake
3 TBSP orange juice
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups fat free milk
2 pkg (4 serving size each) Vanilla instant pudding
1 1/2 cups thawed Lite Cool Whip, divided
2 pkg (12 oz each) frozed mixed berries, thawed, well drained (about 4 cups frozen or 2 1/2 cups thawed berries)
- Cut cake into cubes; place in large bowl. Combine OJ and almond extract. Drizzle over cake cubes; toss lightly.
- Pour milk into another large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Layer half the cake cubes in bottom of trifle bowl. Reserve a few berries for garnish. Top with layers of half each of the remaining berries and pudding mixture. Repeat layers. cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 6 hours before serving. Top with remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping and reserved berries just before serving.