Friday, April 23, 2010

Bacon N Veggie Pasta

I've turned into such a pasta lover.  I have no clue why!  This is another that is really good.  I paired it with a Sweetheart salad and it was a nice, easy meal.

2 cans stewed tomatoes
2 cups brocolli florets
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
4 bacon strips, diced (I used 5 pieces of turkey bacon)
 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
16 ounces uncooked medium shell pasta
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until brocolli and carrots are tender.
  2. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.  Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 TBSP drippings. (Since I used turkey bacon, I didn't get a lot of drippings so I added a little olive oil to the pan.)  In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender;  add to tomato mixture and heat through.  Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.  Drain and place in a serving bowl; top with vegetable mixture.  Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment