Thursday, December 31, 2009

Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Pecan Cookies

For years and years (x8) I've been asking for a Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas and this was the golden year.  I've been thinking of anything and everything I can make with it.  I just love it!!!!  So yesterday my neighbor's kids came over for the day and while they played school I played cafeteria lady and made cookies.  Since I started back on Weight Watchers on Monday I looked in my Cooking Light cookbook to find something that sounded decent and something that I actually had the ingredients for.  These cookies are soooooo good and are actually only 2 Weight Watcher points per cookie.

1 1/4 cups all purpose four
1 cup regular oats (I'm not sure what "regular" is.  I used the quick cooking kind and it was fine.)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted (I didn't toast mine and they were fine.)
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate minichips (I used milk chocolate reg chips.)
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.  Combine flour and next 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
  3. Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.  Add vanilla and egg; beat until blended.  Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.  Stir in pecans and minichips.  Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.  Cool on pans 2 minutes.  Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.
  4. Yield 3 dozen.
Serving size 1 cookie: calories 81; fat 3 grams; fiber 0.5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment