Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chicken Parm Pasta Casserole

This is an extremely easy recipe and very kid friendly.  Something that I'm sure will become a regular at our house for when Jon is away.  It calls for canned chicken.  Never in my life have I eaten canned chicken.  Honestly....it wasn't too bad.  I'll probably try cut up chicken breasts next time b/c I'm sure it'll be that much better.  Thanks Amy E for the recommendation! (even though its been years since you told us about it. LOL)

8 oz pasta (I used No Yolks)
2 cups (10 oz) diced chicken breasts (I shredded it before putting it in)
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzeralla
6 TBSPS grated parmesan cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Coat a 2 qt baking dish with cooking spray.
  3. Cook pasta according to directions.  Drain and toss with chicken and 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce.  Stir 1 cup Mozzarella and 4 tbsp parmesan cheese.  Transfer to dish.
  4. Spoon the remaining 1/2 cup tomato sauce over casserole.  Sprinkle the remaining mozzeralla and parmesan cheese.  Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment