1 TBSP olive oil
3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup low fat sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup ketchup
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic for about 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine onion mixture, cheese, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to moisten bread crumbs. Crumble turkey ontop of mixture and mix until all combined.
- Place mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes. Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Spoon ketchup mixture on meatloaf and bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield 5 servings. 2 slices per serving. 6 points per serving