Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pimiento Cheese

Here's another wonderful recipe out of my Paula Deen cookbook.  I'm sorry but you just can't go wrong with her recipes.  She's amazing!!!! 

I was going to make this for tailgating this past Sunday but I ended up staying home with a sick 4 year old.  Yes, I missed that WONDERFUL Pats game but my blondey needed her mommy.  So, when Jon got home from the game that evening I made it to snack on since I was bad and didn't cook supper.  I literally couldn't get out of the bowl.  Again....Blair L, lots of cheese!!!! 

I added a little more mayo than what it called for b/c I wanted it a little more creamier.  I couldn't find the extra-sharp cheddar in the preshredded bags so I shredded a block myself.  Its possible that I shredded too much and the proportions were off a little.  Just use your best judgement.

One 8 oz package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
One 8 oz package shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
One 4-oz jar pimientos, with juice
1/4 cup mayo
Salt and pepper

Mix the shredded cheeses together with the pimientos, with juice.  Stir in the mayo.  With a metal spoon (pimientos will stain plastic or wood), stir until the mixture is well blended.  Add salt and pepper to taste and stir again.  Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.  It is easier to spread if left out  on the counter for about 30 minutes before serving.  Serve with Wheat Thins or as a sandwich filling.

Makes 3 1/2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment