Sunday, August 21, 2011

Organic Chicken Piccata & Heirloom Tomatoes

Years ago, when Jon and I lived in Atlanta, a friend introduced me to the chicken piccata at the Cheesecake Factory.  I've been hooked every since!  Seriously, I don't think I've ever had anything else there.  For some reason I never really tried to make it until the other night.  I picked up this recipe at Whole Foods at the same time I picked up the Tarragon Chicken one.  I didn't do the tomato portion of it only because I didn't have any but I will certainly do it next time.  Again, it called for flour so this time I used Coconut Flour.  What a great flavor!!!!

Chicken Piccata & Heirloom Tomatoes
Serves 4

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup flour (I used Let's Do...Organic Coconut flour)
2 tsps salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 TBSP butter or butter substitute, divided
6 TBSP olive oil, divided
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup capers, rinsed
1 cup heirloom tomatoes seeded and diced
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped

Slice the chicken breast, into 1/4 inch thick medallions. Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.

Heat pan over medium-high heat, pour in 3 TBSP oil and 2 TBSP butter.  When butter has melted and stops foaming place medallions into pan and saute for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.  Remove from pan and keep warm.

Pour lemon juice, stock, and capers into pan.  Bring to a boil.  Stir in remaining butter. (I didn't use all the butter it called for.)

Return chicken to the pan to coat the chicken with sauce.

Arrange chicken on a platter.  Put tomatoes into sauce, gently stir and pour over chicken.  Garnish with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment