Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sauteed Organic Tarragon Chicken

The only way to get Taylor to come to Whole Foods with me without complaining is the knowing that there will be samples everywhere....especially on the weekends!  That's my only saving grace!!!  This past weekend was no different.  While there we stumbled upon a lady serving some sort of chicken.  Taylor devoured it and begged for me to cook it that night.  Thankfully you'll always find recipes at these little stands!

There were a couple of things in the recipe like flour and butter that I can't have so I had to improvise with my foods.  Did you know that there are tons of different flours you can have other than "all-purpose"???  A ton!!!  (Bob's Red Mill is amazing!!!)  Donna, my health counselor, has introduced me to so much.  If it wasn't for her I would be so timid as to how to cook with all these new things like these different flours. 

Sauteed Organic Tarragon Chicken


2 pounds organic boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup flour (I used Bob's Red Mill White Rice flour)
1/4 vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes (Earth Balance is a great dairy free, soy free alternative)
1 TBSP fresh tarragon (I didn't have this ingredient so I used Bragg's seasoning.  Delish!!!)

Slice chicken breast, crosswise, into 1/4 inch thick medallions. (I took the easy way out and bought the chicken already cut up at Whole Foods!)  Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.

Heat saute pan over medium-high heat, pour in oil and allow to heat up for 1 minute.  Put medallions into pan and saute for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.  Remove from pan and keep warm.

Pour chicken stock into pan and stir to remove fond from bottom of pan.  Add butter one piece at a time.  Blending in after each piece.  Stir in seasoning.

Arrange medallions on a platter and pour sauce over it.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment