Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Black Bean and Avocado Salsa

I love saving magazines with recipes like Southern Living and Cooking Light.  Recently I decided to go through them all and make a binder out of the recipes that I can either eat or improvise with the ingredients.  I found this salsa in Cooking Light May 2007.  Told you I've kept the magazines for a long time!!!!  It was delish!!!!

2 cups chopped seeded tomato
1 cup diced peeled avocado
1/2 cup chopped red onion (I used my Pampered Chef chopper to make it as fine as possible)
2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
2 TBSP fresh lime juice
1 TBSP finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper (I omited.)
1/8 tsp salt
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
lime wedges (optional)

Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently.  Cover and chill 30 minutes before serving.  Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment