Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Your Average Brownie!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???? It's Monday night football and the small town of Foxboro, MA is getting ready for a BIG game tonight. Tailgating is in the air....I have a pot full of red beans and rice going, made some of Paul Dean's Symphony Brownies, and getting ready to have a little fun!

These brownies are delish and so easy!!! Seriously....get yourself a box, or two, of brownie mix about 3 big bars of Symphony candy and you got a yummy treat! All you do is mix the brownie mix according to the directions, pour 1/2 the mix in a 13x9 pan, place the candy bars side by side on brownie mix then pour the remaining batter over them. Bake as directed and voila!

Paula suggested lining the pan w/ aluminum foil and spray w/ Pam so you can lift the brownies out of the pan so it'll be easier to cut. I forgot and it was just fine. Other comments were to use 2 boxes to make thicker brownies. At first I wished I did but when they came out the oven it turned out to be a good size. I did pour a thin layer on the bottom and next time I'll make sure for that to be thicker b/c when I cut it some of the brownies lost it's bottom layer and it ended up in my mouth! Not too good for the diet!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment