Monday, September 21, 2009

Football Party

Who needs husbands to have a football party. :-)  Some friends of mine and I got together at my house yesterday to watch the Patriots game.  We won't talk about the outcome but the food was delicious!  Some of the items like, jambalaya and apple dip, I've already posted but here are some of my other favorites:

Corn Dip
2 cans Mexican corn
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup regular mayo
1 cup shredded cheese (I use 2 cups)
1 cup jalepeno's, chopped (I did 1/2 cup chopped.  It was pretty spicy so I'll probably cut that back even further.)
Tony's to taste

Mix and refrigerate for 1 hour.  Don't make ahead!

Homemade Gourmet's BLT Dip
This one is always a crowd pleaser.  If you've never heard of Homemade Gourmet, it's really delicious mix that only calls for very few ingredients to make.  I love the stuff so much that I used to sell it!

3 TBSP BLT Seasoning Mix
1 cup Mayo
1 (8 oz) tub sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
  1. In a small bowl, stir ingredients together.
  2. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 2 cups
I typically make this a day in advance b/c I find it's better since it has time for the seasonings to mix together.

Fruit Tea
1/2 cup instant tea (unsweetened)
3/4 cup white grape juice
1 cup real lemon juice
2 1/4 cup sugar

Pour instant tea and sugar in gallon jug.  Add 2 cups of boiling water, stir until tea and sugar are dissolved.  Add lemon juice and grape juice.  Mix well.  Add water to fill gallon jug.

This tea is delicious!!!  Unfortunatly I can't find unsweetened instant tea here (go figure!) so I made my own with tea bags.  It didn't come out all that spectacular b/c I didn't know the different ratios to use so get the instant if you can!

Sangria
HUGE HIT!!!!

2 qts Burgandy wine (if you are like me and couldn't figure it out, here's a tip...it's 2 (750ml) small bottles)
1 qt OJ
2 lemons juiced
5 limes juiced
1 cup sugar
1 qt club soda
Slices of orange, lemon and lime for garnish

In large container combine all ingredients EXCEPT club soda.  Chill thoroughly.  Add club soda just prior to serving.  Garnish with fruit slices.  ***Makes 1 gallon!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment