Beef and Rice Casserole
1/2 lb lean ground beef (I used 1 lb)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, cut finely
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
10 3/4 oz can reduced fat, low sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water
4 cups cooked brown rice
- Brown ground beef, onion, garlic, green pepper, and celery in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season with basil and oregano.
- Combine soup and water in separate bowl.
- Spray slow cooker with nonfat cooking spray
- Layer 2 cups of cooked rice on bottom of slow cooker. Add half of ground beef and half of soup mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover. Cook on low 4 hours.