Monday, October 13, 2008

Banana Chocolate-Chip Mini Muffins

Tomorrow is Taylor's turn to be the "Shining Star" at school so that means she brings the snack and will be the line leader all day. Normally the teachers tell you specifically what to bring but all my instructions from them were to bring a "fall snack". I decided to make these muffins from Family Fun so I thought I'd pass it along. At first I wasn't sure if I liked them but the more I eat them (haha) the more I like them. Taylor, on the other hand, spit it out right away. Not a good sign for the kids tomorrow. LOL It's not a super sweet muffin so I think that's why I wasn't sure about them at first. I also don't think my bananas were ripe enough. As Gabba Gabba would say..."Try 'em, you'll like 'em".

Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 large or 3 medium)
1 large egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/4 cup fat free or light sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

  1. Heat the oven to 350
  2. Line a mini muffin pan with bake cups or lightly coat the muffin cups with cooking spray.
  3. In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir with a fork to blend.
  4. In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, melted butter, sour cream, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat on medium until well blended. Reduce the speed to low and blend in the dry ingredients (do not over mix). Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
  5. Fill each muffin cup with 1 level tablespoon of batter. Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and toothpick comes out with some melted chocolate but no crumbs.
  6. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter. Makes 36 mini muffins. (mine made 48)

No comments:

Post a Comment