Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 large or 3 medium)
1 large egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/4 cup fat free or light sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350
- Line a mini muffin pan with bake cups or lightly coat the muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir with a fork to blend.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, melted butter, sour cream, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat on medium until well blended. Reduce the speed to low and blend in the dry ingredients (do not over mix). Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1 level tablespoon of batter. Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and toothpick comes out with some melted chocolate but no crumbs.
- Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter. Makes 36 mini muffins. (mine made 48)